Sunday, October 18, 2009

Giraffes, Giraffes, and Polka Dots

For awhile now, I've been busy planning my son's FIRST birthday party! I still can't believe my little teeny boy who refused to nurse has managed to eat enough to get this big and OLD! Funny thing is, I'm not so much thinking of it as me getting old as I thought I would. It's bittersweet- the baby is gone now and enter this little person with tons of personality and energy that requires a leash.

Well, enough of the sentimental crap...now for the good stuff: party planning! We hadn't really come up with a theme until we came across these:

Who can resist this lovable giraffe with the soothing, modern blue? So I'm taking this theme and running with it...fast.


For favors, I've asked my fabulous friend and owner of Rise Bakery in Clinton, NJ to make these awesome Giraffe cookies with fondant and royal icing (picture to arrive soon). Same Aunt Patricia also offered to make the cake. How exciting! Something Tiffany blue with a giraffe somewhere, that's all I got so far- it's going to be so cute!

More to come... his party was actually today and I can't wait to compile everything that we actually did!

1 comment:

  1. Aww... mommy is going all sentimental. :D
    Well, I don't have kids of myself, but I can understand how you feel. Time flies so fast. Kids grow up in a flash.

    ReplyDelete