Sunday, September 20, 2009

Fall is in the Air

Fall has come around again! As I am typing, Josh is sleeping like a cat splayed on my lap (supercuteness!) It's my favorite time of the year- the leaves, the cool air, and this year is especially important: Josh's First Birthday! I'm working on a post all about his party- I can't wait to share it!

I haven't been blogging long about this, but this milestone is such an accomplishment for me as a mom. We made it! Survived the first year and can't wait to celebrate many more with my little peanut. I've managed to barrel through the year and it certainly has been a blur. Thank goodness for video and digital cameras, or I'd really never remember those exciting moments like the first spoon of cereal, the first crawl, you get my drift.

We're also planning a Vermont trip in early October. Hubbs and I just LOVE the Green Mountain State. We were going to get married there, but it just didn't happen. So instead we try to get away every few months in the Fall and Winter seasons to take in the fresh air and tranquility that Vermont just oozes. We usually stay at our fave B&B, The Buckmaster Inn in Shrewsbury. Innkeepers Liz & Richard are just fantastic hosts! We've been staying there for a few years now and we can't think of a warmer place. They have really raised our standards for B&B stays; anywhere we stay now at a B&B, we always compare it to the Buckmaster. From the hearty breakfasts (and they will make anything you want!) to the fabulous simple chic country decor, this is definitely THE place to stay when central VT. Oh, and it's small, so you don't get this crowded B&B feeling of staying at a large inn. You get to know all the guests and the innkeepers really well. We were even invited to have dinner with them on our last trip!

So yesterday, in preparation for the cold weather, and let's face, mostly because I feel guilty about neglecting my house this past year, I went out and bought my house a present- a new fence. Lemon and Muffie (the canine duo) have really done a number on the current cheap picket fence that came with the house. Hubbs has done some tampering with the gate to keep it from coming off the latch, but it really is on it's last leg. So in one week and $1,500 later, House will have a new fence attached. Are you happy now House? Will you forgive me for the recent neglect? We mulched and weeded last month, pruned the bushes and the flowers, and gave the grass some drinking water. You may even get a new roof next year, we'll see how you behave. You are certainly starting to shape up now! I love this time of year.

1 comment:

  1. It must be exciting to see the rustic leaves fall off the trees during Fall. Very melancholic, but somehow it gives us hope for in spring, new lives will also rise from them. Hope you guys will have a great time in Vermont!

    ReplyDelete